Monday, June 28, 2010

Friends

Tonight I had a friend stop by on her way through my state to hers. It was wonderful to catch up for a little while. She and I have been friends for almost eleven years. We became friends because of a mutual person and ended up meeting each other at an ice cream shop around the Fourth of July. Someone had mentioned that this person was there and I had heard such great things about her from my friend. We instantly clicked and a year later, I had the pleasure of being in her wedding. While we don't see each other as often as I'd like, we make the best of the time we have. And often, it's leaving long voice mails just to update each other on life while we are driving to our favorite grocery store!

I'm thankful I have the friends I have. I love when you can instantly pick up with certain friends regardless of the time apart. I love the friends that I have where you can just sit and not even talk and still enjoy each other's company. I love the friends that let you go to the bathroom when you're on the phone with them (or even better - leave the door open so you can talk while you go).

Today is a day where I feel so incredibly blessed, filled up, rejuvenated, cared for, and loved.

No comments: