Friday, March 26, 2010

True Friends

They say you can always tell your true friends by what they say and their honesty.

In that case, my quirky one (one of my students) is a true friend. As I was reading The Tale of Despereaux to my class, he chimes in with, "You've got something in your teeth." He motioned to his mouth.

I scraped my teeth and grinned.

"Nope. There's still some there."

I scraped again and grinned.

"Yep, all good now."

The para that works in my room that had been listening to the book hadn't even noticed.

Thinking back, I wondered how long it had been in my teeth and why no one had said anything before. I guess I know who my true friends are!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I love this story as it reminds us that our students always have our best interest at heart! I remember the day my students walked into my classroom after I cut my hair really short. One of my boys stroked my hair and said "Why oh why did you cut off the curls?"! He was crushed!

Becky said...

What a sign of caring from a student. Your writing reminds me I need to start collecting the kid comments I hear, they are so funny.