Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Lovely Day!

I have been a bit under the weather the past few days. However, today was wonderful! My sister came home this weekend to celebrate my birthday with me and I'm so glad she did.

After discount grocery shopping on Saturday morning, plus an amazing lunch at Cerulean, we played Train with our mom Saturday night. We finished the game up Sunday morning and had my birthday meal of chop suey followed by creme brulee. Be still my stomach. I'm saving my angel food cake for dinner with some close friends this week...

I was able to open up my presents from my parents and my sister. My sister is amazing at finding perfect gifts...she's just like my mom.
  • Vanilla Bean Noel air fresheners
  • back massager from Bath and Body Works
  • rain galoshes (black with polka dots) - fun
  • SF Cinnamon Dolce syrup from Starbucks
  • Colts long sleeve T-shirt (my first)
  • Chicago Cubs T-shirt (really cute...can barely tell it's Cubs)
  • a new hair dryer
  • DVD/VCR (which I may take back since the one I have now is still working...I thought it wasn't)

I still haven't opened my gift yet from my dad...I'll wait till Tuesday for that.

Even better than my presents from my family so far, was the time I got to spend with my mom and sister and just enjoying time together...it was really nice! And very needed!

1 comment:

Busy said...

Hello Busy Educator!

Marjan Glavac here from the Busy Educator's Newsletter.

This year, I'm celebrating the 12th year anniversary of The Busy Educator's Newsletter.

It's one of the longest running newsletters on the Internet devoted to helping teachers become their best.

To celebrate this anniversary, and the start of a new year, I'm offering something special to teachers.

It's an eBook from my good colleague and friend Rob Plevin.

Rob Plevin, a retired Deputy Head of a school for children with severe behavior problems, is making his 107 page Magic Classroom Management eBook available to all teachers who sign up for my newsletter.

He shares his secrets, tips, tricks, and strategies for improving student behavior in this no cost eBook.

Learn how to....
Teach your students to follow instructions without complaining.
Prevent inappropriate questions and maintain control of your lessons.
Win support from colleagues, parents and administration (which will make your job much easier!).
Motivate all students (especially low achievers and behavior challenges) to produce more higher-quality work for you than they ever have before.
Teach your kids to sit quietly in their seats and actually listen when you're talking.
Silence any noisy class in seconds!
End low-level classroom disruptions, such as whispering. chatting. tapping pencils. dropping things and wandering.
Prevent ALL pupils from swearing - no matter how old they are and no matter how bad their behavior is.
Deal with major crises and confrontations quickly and calmly - knowing full well that you are in total control every step of the way.

Once again, Rob's eBook is available at no charge when you sign up for The Busy Educator's Newsletter.

To receive your eBook, go to http://www.glavac.com

All the best,

Marjan Glavac