Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thankful

A few days ago, I posted about being frustrated with shoveling my driveway and then choosing to be intentional about having a better attitude. The other day I noticed that around the side door to my garage, a pathway had been shoveled. I naturally assumed that my neighbor boys had been sweet and shoveled my driveway and cleaned out by the bottom where the plow had gone by. I saw them at the Y later and asked them if they had come by and shoveled. They hadn't...but like great neighbors they had seen a car show up with someone popping out and shoveling.

So, who shoveled my driveway? Let's just say, I have a very faithful friend who reads my blog and knew that sometimes being single is hard for me and chose to take time out of her busy schedule (she's amazingly smart and has a job that reflects that) and shoveled part of my driveway.

To my friend: thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I hope that each one of you that reads my blog has friends that do good for you and for others. I hope that you do good for others. You have no idea what that kind gesture means!