Wednesday, October 21, 2009

All in a day's work...

It started with the coffee cup left on the top of the car at school. I got it before school began, thankfully.

* My kids love Edward!!! They cheer when it's time to read. They ask what words mean...today we discussed daft, discern, skivvy, and miraculous. Which brought up what does miraculous mean and breaking it down into miracle. A student immediately came up with Miracle Whip. Not quite.

* As my students were cleaning out their desks, one of my cherubs was upset because someone threw away his banana (snack for the day). I asked her why. She said it was because it was black. He said it was only bruised. Who was right? Unfortunately, I told him I wouldn't eat it (it was more black than yellow and had a few dents in it.)

* Odd answers. Question - How long is 180 days? Answer - 1955. If anyone else sees the correlation, please let me know, because I don't.

* One of my boys from last year (and he is truly missed this year) stops by EVERY day and gives me a hug. Today was no exception. Most days, I start the day, end the day, and halfway through get a HUGE squeeze from him. When he left today (since it was beautiful out), he left some sweat prints on the shirt. A little grossed out.

* For fun. We (some of the teachers) have this cardboard figure around that was a promotion for a fundraiser. We have decided he is going to become a Where's Waldo? He keeps showing up in different classrooms...should be fun! :)

No comments: