Sunday, August 23, 2009

New insights

One of the biggest thoughts rolling through my mind when I knew I was going to read through the entire Bible, was...I've already read all of Genesis before...what's going to be different this time? Once again, God has showed me that His Word is living. Different thoughts and verses have popped out as I've been reading along.

Today, I finished Genesis.

Genesis 50 - 19 But Joseph said to them, "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. 21 So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them.

I love that what was intended for harm, God used for good. I love that Joseph was able to find reconciliation with his brothers. I love that Joseph's father, Jacob, was able to see his beloved son again.

Another bit of information that was in my Bible was the lineage of Jacob's sons. It reminded me once again, the importance of legacies.

On to Exodus...praying again that God will speak new to me in this book.

No comments: