Today's slice is a bit unconventional because it hasn't happened yet. I know slices are meant to be about things that have already happened, but everything about today is leading up to it.
I am in the process of training for a half-marathon on May 2. Tonight, my friend and I are running nine miles. Nine. Miles. I am dreading it. But I'm preparing myself.
Items Needed for Preparation
- good snacks (apple this morning and pbj sandwich this afternoon)
- hydration (Crystal Light rocks!)
- pain reliever (need I say more?)
- one amazing friend (she has probably logged more than 100 miles with me)
- gumption (working on that today - going to try writing on my arm some inspiration)
My goal today is to go out and run it and not worry about the time (okay, that's kind of a lie). My goal is to go and finish it and not quit (for those of you who pray, I'm going to beg for prayers today between 4:30 and 6:30 - if you think of it, I'd be so appreciative!) Will let you know how it was...