Sunday, February 8, 2009

Green Grass

They always say that the grass is greener on the other side and it definitely sometimes seems that it is. Today, I am blessed and amazed at how many people love me and the support of my friends, family, and church family. For those who don't know, there's no easy way to say it, other than I'm no longer dating the guy...I'm not going to bash him. Rather I'd rather write about what I learned about myself...I have no regrets. I put myself completely out there and didn't hold back. After having read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, I know that I need to be open to "love" and I'll never find it, if I'm not willing to risk getting to know someone and take the chance of being hurt.

What did I learn? I learned more about what I want in a guy and in a relationship, that I am comfortable with my physical body, and know that I am pretty. I have learned that I need to stop overanalyzing (as much as I can), that there are relatively good guys out there, and God's best is ultimately what I desire...no matter how much it might hurt at the time.

What's next? I don't know...but I'll update if there is anything.

No comments: