Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sharing Circle

I have the students gather together at the end of workshops for a sharing circle (most days). I'm trying something new this year...I start by asking the student next to me if they have anything to share and then they answer with a yes or no thank you. As they go around the circle, the amount of respect that is shared is wonderful! It's so cute to hear them say, "Yes I do" or "No thank you, Bob." Students have been sharing their connections this week as they read. They've even been reading for almost 30 minutes by themselves...LOVING IT! Now if only I can get a video camera to tape them...

I notice that this class continues to use excuse me as they move through the room and around people. And today, I created a new writer's notebook cover...really excited to upload a picture of it later.

No comments: