- Focus lesson (with read aloud)
- Independent reading time (with me conferencing)
- Writing in notebook
- Cleaning up to go to sharing
My questions are for others:
- When do you have students meet with their reading partners? I have established partners, but not sure when they should be meeting...
- When they are getting ready for sharing, how do I get them from their book nooks to our sharing circle without losing the feel of the workshop?
- What are other possibilities for sharing other than just sharing what they have learned about themselves as readers...lessons range from NF facts they learned, how to solve a tricky word, what a series is and how to identify it, and other lessons I have taught them in their conference. They also respond to each other in the group and ask each speaker questions...Are there other ways that they can be sharing?
- How long do I have them write in their notebooks? And what do they do when they are finished? Currently, I just have them reading...
Thanks everyone for your input in advance!