New things I am doing in my classroom
- using songbooks (thanks to Barb and Cheryl for their giving)
- creating reader's notebooks
- using a word family notebook
- pulling more from literature than the basal
- apology of action chart rather than pulling beehives
- having crates at each group table to store reader's bins
- reader's bins (hopefully, if I get the money from our PTO)
- songbook and poem binders (once again, money from PTO)
- spelling inventories to assess where each child is and hopefully help group students better to work on the concepts THEY need
- ABC writing unit - btw, if anyone has any print resources, I'd love to see copies and ideas
- Want to start a group that meets monthly to discuss reading workshop (and writing of course too)
While I am excited, I know I am venturing into new territory...I'm going to take it one day at a time and blog through the adventure. I'm ready to see how using Reading Workshop and Writing Workshop together for a whole year makes a huge difference.
Oh, and on a side note, I'm also training for a mini-marathon in Indy in May of 2008...I just ran for the first time (yesterday) four miles! This will be a huge accomplishment for me...and a huge task.
Happy beginning of the year to everyone!