Saturday, February 17, 2007

Refocusing

Okay, so Friday was a yucky day in class...one of my boys who I am trying to love on and bring out the positive attention got in trouble again...ugh. Soooooooooooo, intead of harping on the bad, I'm going to praise some of my other kids in my class!

During our non-fiction stories, one boy that I was conferencing with (Ruth, my writing coach, was present too) was telling me about the different kinds of golf clubs. He had labeled each with initials and then explained what they were for below. I could figure out the PR (putter) and the SW (sand wedge) and even the DR (driver), but I couldn't figure out IDKWIC...hmmmmm. So I asked him about that club. He replied, "I don't know what it's called." Take the first letter of each and you get what he named it. Talk about classic. I had to laugh out loud at that one.

Another one of my girls (the innocence of children shown here) wrote about babies. On her different kinds page, she wrote about the different kinds of babies...This is a Mexican baby. It speaks Spanish. This is a Russian baby ...it speaks Russian. This is a China baby...it speaks Chinese. This is an American baby...it speaks American. Once again, full out loud laughter!

I need to not get down about one child and remember that there are 23 other students who need me as much as he does. Sometimes, it's just hard to see how we affect kids.

No comments: