Friday, September 6, 2013

Five minute Friday



The word today from the blog that started the five minute Friday is...

Red...

GO

When I think of red, I think of fire, love, sunsets blazing, purses...but mostly I think of my sister. And not just because she loves Target and their symbol is red. 

My sister and I fought growing up. A lot. To be honest, I didn't like her much and have come to regret my college years where I dropped off the face of the planet and out of her life.

But somewhere in all of the roads twisting and turning, we became friends. 

When she was planning her wedding last year, I don't think a day went by when I didn't talk to her daily.   When she went on her honeymoon to Ireland, it was the longest I had ever gone without talking with her in years. I actually cried when seeing her on FaceTime. 

She is very unlike me. We still clash, but I am so grateful and thankful for her. She is generous, caring, and is the best present-picker-outer. She loves clearance and sales and gets junk store shopping. She  listens when I need to vent and I do the same for her. 

She is an amazing sister and has become one of my best friends. A sister is an amazing gift and I am so glad I finally realized I had one!

STOP

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I love this, so glad that your friendship bloomed with your sister and your close, sisters are such a blessing! Great post!