Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Best ever!



Perfect and ordained timing. 

I was about to take a shower and spend a quiet evening reading my book. 

Let me back up though. While at Walmart tonight the lady in front of me forgot her card in her car. Knowing I needed to be somewhere, I offered to pay the bill while she was out getting the card. I left before she came back in, but that was actually what I wanted. 

Back up even more. Sunday we had talked about how rich of a nation we are and how God asks us to richly bless those around us. 

I did and got the biggest blessing of all. 

Back to present time. 

As I made my coffee for tomorrow, put a few items away, and shut off the lights a van pulled up to my house. I saw someone popping up and thought maybe it was my sister and then realized who it was. 

My friend Megan who is living in Tanzania for two and a half years. 

She and her husband had to pick up a few items before going to her parents' house for her brother's wedding Saturday. And she made her husband stop. To see me. What a blessing far beyond riches. 



4 comments:

Chris said...

Sounds like you had an excellent day!

elsie said...

Blessing upon blessing! It's great when life works out this way.

Catherine said...

What a wonderful surprise!

Unknown said...

i am so freaking jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!