Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Setbacks, Failures, and Goals...

For my newer readers, I joined Weight Watchers back in November to lose the 15ish pounds I had gained back from intially starting to lose weight seven years ago. 

I was 5 pounds from my goal (the goal right now is to get to a healthy range and then become lifetime) Monday at 5:58 p.m.  At 5:59 p.m., I was 5.6 pounds from goal.  Ugh!  A gain.

Another gain (last week was up half a pound as well).

So, what do I do? 

Thankfully, there's this amazing lady that sits behind me that has lost 75 pounds and is headed towards 100.  We share each week with each other what our mini-goals for the week are.  Through some reflectiveness on my tracking, I know I have let some things slide and have tweaked a few points here and there.  Could it all be what's derailing me?  That and I never know how shark week affects gains and losses. 

My setback and failure - gaining...again.  Three weeks out of four.

My goal - We decided for each of us (hers is the workout, mine is being a meticulous tracker), the days we do not do as we say we will do, we will pay the other a quarter.  Now, I like her and all, but she's not getting my money!

So, why is this my slice...well, I'm getting there.

I came up with a reward in my mind this morning as I packed my bag for Zumba tonight.  I have these new tanks from Old Navy.  Super cute and I look amazing in them (ha ha).  However, I am not going to wear ANY of my new workout gear until I lose.  I can lose 0.1 and I'll be able to wear one.  Each week - lose and wear a new tank.  I have three new tanks.  That's three weeks of losing and hopefully obtaining my goal of 5.6. 

4 comments:

Kat said...

Goals are good! Keep working and you will definitely get there. That's the thing, right, that it's never really in a constant upward trajectory to reach something!

Chris H. said...

I struggle with this, too. You are persevering and planning action. I bet you will be there before you know it!

Kay said...

Good luck with reaching your goals and wearing those cute new tanks! I admire you for persevering through your temporary setbacks.

Jackie said...

I miss zumba and old navy!! Thanks for posting! March is always an unpleasant journey for me . . . this lightened my load. I don't feel so scattered when I know each of us are fighting our own fight with all we've got. And sometimes the results aren't what we had hoped for, but hope lives on. Bravo!