Monday, December 19, 2011

Did that just happen?

Readers, I have always been honest with you.  What I am about to share may shock you, may cause you sadness, may cause you to laugh.  I share because it's part of me and because it completely makes me laugh.

I have recently returned the wide world of internet dating.  Sigh.

Most of the guys aren't real potentials and from some e-mails, never seem to go anywhere...until last week.  After chatting again with a match from earlier in the process, we decided that maybe (okay, he finally got over the distance deal - it's only three and a half hours) we would meet.  We seemed to banter well online and after exchanging phone numbers, began to text and call.

For a moment, I thought...hmmm, potential.

And then...

I was awakened Sunday night by a text from him.  We texted back and forth and then there was a pause.

And then...

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Yes, a text and this is what it said...

Name and number blocked out to protect his identity

No, readers, that date was not with me. And so began a conversation of we are just meant to be friends...he can't get over how far away I am.  And he would feel bad if I had to drive two hours to go see him.  Blah, blah, blah.  

However, after asking him some questions about his fun date, I get the sense I dodged a bullet.  A giant bullet.  

Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I not only didn't waste mobile to mobile minutes, I saved myself some gas money.  Will use that towards my house interior remodeling!

No comments: