Saturday, March 5, 2011

Really?

I walked into Wal-Mart and needed to use the restroom before doing my shopping. As I walked in, I was a little surprised to see a few people waiting in line.

I waited. Which was fine. And I waited. Still okay. When it was finally my turn, a woman walked out, made eye contact with me, and then proceeded to walk. Out. Without washing her hands!

I almost said something to her, but dismissed the thought.

As I walked around picking up a few items here and there, I kept seeing her. The only thought running through my head was her dirty hands touching her phone, her cart, food items.

I'm glad germs are microscopic. After seeing her today and knowing that many others also do not wash their hands and then venture into public places, I might begin to wear plastic gloves when handling anything.

5 comments:

elsie said...

Good use of the period to make your point. Your experience does make one stop and think before picking up items in a store.

Ruth said...

Eew! Yuck! But a good reminder to wash stuff when you get home...and carry sanitizer...and maybe start growing all your own food!

Elizabeth G. said...

Oh my goodness, I am right there with you. My gag reflex starts when I see that kind of thing. Ugh! Gloves sound good right now.

Anonymous said...

OOh - You've really captured "icky."

Anonymous said...

The fact that this happened at a Walmart really adds to the ickiness. All I can think about is that blog "people of walmart." blech