Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wednesday and Honduras



Our bus broke down on the way to the village. We hung out on the roadside for about two hours. It was a long day, but yet, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Our team came together for two hours and enjoyed life. We made lemonade out of lemons. (Our radiator hose blew, so they had to take the truck back to the city and made six different stops trying to find the one piece they needed.)


I gave away the blanket my mom had made to Lydia for her seven month old daughter because she had reminded me of the baby I take care of here. They both babbled and tried walking holding on to hands.


I shared my testimony at this village.

My name is Cathy and I accepted Christ when I was seven. He's always been my Savior, but the past few weeks, He's shown me more of who He is. I'm a worrier. I get anxious and scared about everything. I was terrified to fly. But what I've learned is there is power in only one thing...the Holy name of our Father, Savior, and Spirit. He alone is my Healer, Provider, Redeemer, Protector, my Refuge. I then read Psalm 91:1-2 - He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.

I pray that He alone can be your rock, refuge, and rest.

No comments: