Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Oh, the sarcasm...

Today was rough...but the class did provide a few funnies.

I didn't pay attention to one of my student's shirts and paid for it later. While I was reading Tale of Despereaux to the class, one of my boys began giggling. I was irritated. I already had talked with four other boys about their behavior and was frustrated with their lack of poetry creation in writing workshop. I had had it. I asked him what was so funny and then waited. He was the only students who had been laughing. The boys had been discussing soap while I had talked with another teacher in the doorway. What's the connection? Here goes...

The boy squirmed in his seat on the bench and finally coughed up the reason for his giggles. He said, "I was farting." Oh...

The soap connection? One of the boys was wearing a shirt with a duck on it who had eaten soap and was emitting bubbles. That's why the boys had been talking about soap. The conversation had turned to flatulence.

One of my girls then told me that their parents should buy their children soap for Christmas. My sarcastic comment that I always make when they play around with things that normally aren't toys...overhead projectors, pencils, paper, etc. Oh dear class, you all made me laugh today!

No comments: