Monday, December 14, 2009

You didn't...

When I was in second grade, my teacher read How to Eat Fried Worms and then brought them in for us to try. I couldn't stand the thought of even possibly trying one, especially as I watched each child run over to the drinking fountain waiting to puke their guts out. I didn't feel well, so I asked the teacher to go to the nurse. Turns out - I had a fever...woo hoo! No fried worms for me. However, they were gummy worms.

Fast forward to today. My mom made these cute little mice out of Hershey kisses and cherries. They're adorable! I told my students my mom knew how to cook mice and asked if they had tasted chicken before...I brought over part of my class and asked them to take one and then begin to say, "ohhhhh" and groan. I watched two little girls in the Hive begin to get grossed out. I just couldn't help myself. After they all discovered that they were made of chocolate, we had a little laugh together.

As we were packing up for the day (just a few minutes later), I overheard one of my boys say to another, "Her mom makes pretty good mouse."

I had to pass it on to my mom (who was still there). It was sweet!

No comments: