Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Some sweeties...

Here are some stories from the past week...just wanted to share how amazing my students are!

We read The Tale of Despereaux and then watched the movie. When we were watching the movie, one of my cherubs asked, "Why is it bad to be brave?" How smart is he?

As we were still watching it and the intro screen started and the thread came to spell the title, my students all exclaimed, "Red thread." It made my heart swell with pride at the enjoyment they were getting from watching it together.

One of my boys was predicting as he was watching it and made a comment. One of my talkative boys (who had already seen the movie) said, "Good inferring," to the other boy. I love that they are making the connection between reading and writing.

One of my students (who was just identified...yay!!!!!!! - getting help for this child will be great) was in our sharing circle and um...well...passed some gas. And of course, he did it in a not so quiet way...everyone heard and looked his way. He said, "I stinkered." And if I hadn't heard him the first time, he said it again...and then continued with, "And it stinks like crazy." I conveniently let my students leave our sharing circle to help relieve their breathing. Some days you just have to roll with the punches.

No comments: