Thursday, February 19, 2009

Great Day



Today was a great day. It was a long day, but well worth it. We held a celebration tonight in honor of their non-fiction books they wrote. I had several parents say thank you and tell me what a great job I am doing, but what I am most proud about is the fact that 11 out of 14 writers came. They came back to school and brought their parents. They read their books to their parents and they read each other's writing. It was a beautiful night and makes long days well worth it when they end the way today did.

And tomorrow is another exciting day because we're going to create Flubber...I'm sure there will be pictures!


Turn your head...but these flowers I got for free!!! I asked our local floral shop if they had any flowers they were going to part with and could I use them for our celebration? Ask and you shall receive!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Cathy, that is so great to hear that the parents are also devoted to their child's education enough to come and listen to the stories the kids wrote! That must make you feel great as a teacher!