Sunday, February 24, 2008

Saturday

I was overwhelmed and amazed at what transpired on Saturday. For those who don't know...it was actually my 30th birthday and I had plans with my small group to eat lunch and then I was just getting together with very few friends and my sister. I didn't want it to be a big deal, so I kept the group extremely small. As I walked into the restaurant Saturday afternoon, I started noticing things that didn't make sense. I saw friends of my parents walking and even one of my friends with her boyfriend drive in their truck. My sister, with the help of many, decided to throw me a surprise party. This was only the second surprise party I have had and it was so much fun! I am still sorting through the kindness and love that was bestowed. And amazed at how many people knew about it and had talked, behind my back, about it. It was the best birthday I could have ever asked for!

My first attempt at writing a poem: (it's a first draft)

Opening presents...
Yet, ripping the envelopes
Seeing creativity from Hallmark
Reading the messages
Seeing text that was perfectly meant for me
Feeling and beginning to understand
Love pouring out
Blessed and filled with gratitude
Undeserving of the kindness
Overwhelmed with love
Somehow thank you doesn't seem enough.

I'll be posting pictures later...it was a day that I won't soon forget!

1 comment:

Live, Laugh, Love! said...

I'm glad that you had an amazing birthday! Do you remember when Karen came to church about a month ago with you. While you were talking to people we exchanged phone numbers.....and you had no idea. :) Fun times....:) I'm excited that soon we will be less than a mile apart from each other--yay! :)