Friday, March 12, 2010

Foreshadowing...


Why do I do things when I know what's going to happen? I had just printed off my student teacher's evaluation and set it next to his styrafoam cup of coffee so he would see it.
I greeted the students at the door and then I saw it...a boy picking up the cup.
I ran over, moved the books that were sitting right next to his evaluation that was now soaking up the coffee. I asked the student to get some paper towel and he brings back one. Frantically, I told the class that we needed more paper towels than that. Everyone began grabbing paper towels and running over to help. I mopped up coffee off of workbooks, his bag, his evaluation, and the counter.
I asked the students to throw away the evaluation. They didn't know what it was and told me that we could dry it off and he could still use it. I explained that the evaluation was like a report card for him.
My one that spilled the coffee said (and wrapped it up so well), "I so did not see that one coming."
Oh, dear one, I did...

4 comments:

Cherylann said...

Important document + Cup of liquid= a spill every time :)

Anonymous said...

It appears that one of the 19 gifts should have been a spill proof, Starbucks travel mug. :)
I always enjoy your posts. :)
Deb

Alan j Wright said...

It appears that Murphy's Law is certainly operating in your sphere of influence. They say you can't help bad luck...
Bad luck doesn't need any help!
A moment well captured even if it was an 'unwell' moment.

Karen said...

My grandma used to say, "Accidents happen." I just don't think she knew how frequently they happen in a school setting.