Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
Saturday, June 12, 2010
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!
7 I can never escape from your Spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
8 If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave,a]" style="line-height: 0.5em; ">[a] you are there.
9 If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.
11 I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night—
12 but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.
To you the night shines as bright as day.
Darkness and light are the same to you.
My God sees me. My God knows me. My God loves me. It's enough today. It's more than enough. I rest in the shadow of His wings...I rest.
- We were talking about vocabulary and using the words we learn. A student said that they used this word every day. Another student replied, "You do?" They replied with, "I use it in my mind every day." The other student came back with, "I do that too." I love their concept of using words. :)
- One of my students hurt his crazy bone. (He meant funny bone.)
- We were reading Amelia Bedelia to understand multiple meaning words. In one of the books, I had to explain what icing was (frosting vs. freezing) and prune (the noun and the action). As Amelia iced the fish (put frosting on them rather than freeze them) and then fed the fish to the ladies that had attended a shower, one of my students exclaimed, "Chocolate sushi."
- And one of my favorites...I had a boy who passed gas every day. Every day. Sometimes it was silent, but most days it was loud and during a time I was reading to the class. Go figure. I finally had had enough. I pulled out my Oh Yuck book and read to the class what farting was all about. Flatulence. As I was reading and imparting gross knowledge to the class, my quirky one let one rip. It was loud. It was perfect timing. He let us know that he had done it on purpose. My chocolate sushi girl said, "Looks like he delivered some flatulence to the room." I had to stop and have a great belly laugh with my class. Sometimes you just have to laugh.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
- no air conditioning and traveling
- did I mention the flying?